Monday, February 15, 2010

Music recommendations, or rather, commandments

"Your Hand in Mine" by Explosions in the Sky. DO IT NOW. I don't care how you listen to it--buy it, pirate it, find it on youtube, I don't give a shit. LISTEN TO IT. All 8+ minutes of it.

While you're at it, go ahead and acquire a copy of "Patients" by, uh...Patients? Radical Face? Ben Cooper? Dude, you confuse me with your five thousand pseudonyms, but you make up for it by knocking me flat with incredible music. Oh, and about my advice to acquire "Patients," good luck with that one. I can has widespread release plz? So I don't feel silly recommending it to everyone?

Oh, and what the hell, how about another one. The entire friggin' Dark Was The Night album, both discs. Pay special attention to the Decemberists, Stuart Murdoch, and Yeasayer.

And speaking of the Decemberists, go ahead and acquire Tarkio's "Omnibus." The first time I listened to it I was like "Holy shit, that guy is seriously trying to sound like Colin Meloy." Yeah, um, about that.

And good Lord, The Lonely Forest's "We Sing The Body Electric!" is worth a listen or two or a thousand. It's an easy contender for my list of favorite whole albums. Others on the list are, of course, "Chutes Too Narrow" by the Shins, "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel (duh), "En Passant" by Jean-Jacques Goldman (what? you think a self-professed indie kid can't love an aging French prog-rocker?)...et cetera.

Isn't it awesome how I'm directly addressing my audience of exactly zero humans? My life is TOTALLY exciting.

Oh, and lest this entry sound totally pretentious (however unintentional), I'm gonna go on record saying that I've definitely been rockin' out to Lady Gaga this week. I'll be honest, I sort of want her bad romance a little bit. What can I say, I appreciate batshit crazy.

Obviously.

Also, I can't read pokerfaces either.

No comments:

Post a Comment